Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Hong Kong and Singapore

It has almost been a week since I came back from HK.

Great place, great food and needless to say, great shopping. Sad to say there has been a drastic drop in desire to even window-shop in SG because after this Hong Kong mad-crazed shopping trip, Singapore seemed like a barren town with nothing to purchase in juxtapose.

Thumbs up for the label brands over there - the numbers probably overwhelmed the ones found in SG many times over. And I had to surrender to the choice of Bape available. I could *actually* ask for sizes instead of just getting disappointed with what-you-see-is-what-you-get sort of shops here.



And I am not even talking about just Bape stuff; horde of other labels and brands are widely available in HK.

In SG; you could probably hurl a stone at some dudes with jeans and chances are it will be a Levis. No wonder Levis is having so many stores here and cashing in big bucks into their deep pockets from the local guys because SG dudes don't mind the universal look. They don't mind looking like each other. Don't get me wrong - I am not that brand-conscious (I won't mind cheap shirts that could deliver what I want); the underlying message is that I appreciate and welcome self-expression and individualism through personality.

I realise that self-expression and individualism is pretty suppressed in SG. I deduced it is probably because of National Service (degenerative domination akin to those Underdark Illithids) and our rigid educational system that caused the mind to dull terribly (Mundane Astrology probably revealed some heavy Saturn influence onto 5th house - arts suffers). People are taught to heed to the laws, but not to think individually. Look at our streets - it so fucking monotonous, compared to countries elsewhere. It's so lacking and dry in culture, spirit and mass expression/appeal.

It is no wonder why we are still so FAaaAaarrr(to be continued...) away from being TOP cities via international ranking.

I salute to those who have manage to break out of the cage this rigid society wants to limit us and exude their self expression to the highest pinnacle... like my good friend, Mr Teo Wei Yong is leaving here for good, to pursue his dream... in which he feel that he could never achieve it here, considering how servile mediacork (mainstream media) is to the great municipal PAP government (Mundane Astrology probably revealed issues with Mercury - all forms of communication channel being controlled).

Sheesh

Cheers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us