Friday, September 23, 2005

Aunt Agony 230905

Originally posted by Sekundes:
Hmmm...
This has been bothering me quite a while...
My Gf's parents wants to meet me,
They kinda know that she and me are together.
She and I are already 2 weeks and going,
Know each other for 3 months+...
Her mum was like anything,
Though her dad was kind of objective....
Somehow, I'm quite lost in the situation.


is this a good thing or a bad ?



Actually, I will not advice people to meet each other's parent so soon, although if the situation doesn't allow you to push this to a latter date, you just have to work around it. Never reject a parental meet-up, however, it is best to PLAN it instead of LEAVING it to nature.

Reason being Insurance - a significant percentage of relationship wouldn't even make it to the one year mark, so the meet-the-parents-session (MTPS) is pretty unnecessary, unless you foresee this relationship, very strongly, beyond the first year. Next thing: does it matters whether MTPS is held within the first year or not? Objectivity speaking, it's more like a customary approach, which would be executed naturally when a relationship attains certain 'level'. Two weeks relationship to me is still far too raw.

Although, nothing wrong at all but I would prefer to plan it on a latter schedule to set more important priorities first, like settling down for a new relationship with a new person, adapting to new personality, enjoy honeymoon period, etc.

Cheers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us