Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Aunt Agony II 200307

Originally posted by redpixie:
He knows, he found out about a week ago. I wish we could be more than friends but the thing is...I have a boyfriend who loves me very much and he's in love with another girl who doesn't love him. I know i have to faithful to my boyfriend which is not hard at the moment since the guy i'm in love with doesn't love me, but i'm afraid that in the future when he gets over his current love things will be more complicated. We had a chance to become a couple long time ago but he let it slip away. Now i keep thinking what could have been. I try to support my boyfriend and give him as much love as he's given me over the past couple of years but my heart's not 100% in it. Every now and then i start thinking about my friend...How can i get over him?



I am afraid that logic and habitual reason/s won't sustain the relationship for long.

Yes indeed, it's logical to try to coerce yourself to love someone - albeit you don't really love - you called as boyfriend. But seriously, how long do you plan to maintain your relationship in this kind of logical equation that makes absolute sense, but doesn't add value emotionally?

Before I talk about your best friend, let's examine your current relationship.

(i) You spoke about the differences between you and your boyfriend, but do you perceived it as considerable incompatibility?

(ii) And if the answer is yes, then why, despite the incompatibility, do you even allow yourself to be in a relationship with him?

(iii) You mentioned 'years', what appears to be the real reason for sticking with him, if love wasn't the motivation behind the 'seeming harmonious' relationship?

(iv) You mentioned that there was a 'chance' your best friend might be with you instead; was this incident BEFORE or AFTER your current boyfriend made his appearance?

(v) I would like to know details of your relationship; how long you knew your bf before coming together? How did it happened? How long is the relationship? His personality? Your views on him? On this relationship? Your age?

Cheers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us