Saturday, December 30, 2006

Aunt Agony II 301206

Originally posted by mir4cle:
im a girl and i got this good guy friend who is quite close to me. He was introduced by my boyfriend actually...all of us always hang out together with two other people..den one day, the guy friend actually told me that he liked me but he knew he couldn't cos he didn't want to be the third party. (i've got no interest in him anyway) but actually our friendship didn't just stop like this for i knew it was only infatuation. He's still my good friend. however, my boyfriend didn't like it...so everytime i talked to my good friend, i have to restrict myself.

i know how my boyfriend feels...cos got a period of time got this gal liked him too..he told me he only treated her as his meimei...but still, you know how girls would feel when their boyfriends get too close to a girl, whether it's meimei or wadever..(cos now this kinda meimei and korkor thing is not so simple le lor) the thing is, he's willing to give up the friendship between him and the girl for me...and he really did! i feel kinda bad...cos i know i cant give this friend up...nor do i want to lose my boyfriend..

or maybe, i dont have to do anything at all...?

although we know we won't leave each other, we jus feel a sense of insecurity in our hearts..=X why why why??




Suspicion drills into trust like how the mice would nibble at the rope to have it inflict enough damage for it to snap.

Your relationship has already programmed a model on how to 'handle' such crisis - which is namely to drop contacts and eliminate possible complication altogether. This model does not take into consideration that some friendships are not easily given up, despite having the same set of scenario. From here, it wouldn't be a surprise if your boyfriend feels threatened by your passive attitude in dealing with the situation as he had swiftly eased your insecurity with a quick decision, but somehow you hesitated when the same scenario applies to you.

Albeit your friendship with the guy might be 'pure', your lack of action suggested otherwise. In fact, it actually implied that you might have some unconscious liking for him, because of how this solution model was created in the first place and you didn't 'follow the standard procedure'.

You don't have to get him out of your life completely - just that you would do well to remove 'unnecessary contacts' with him? I reckon that since you guys are part of a bigger group, I don't think you could run away from seeing him altogether unless there is a spilt up somehow. Obviously, it would have an impact on your friendship with him, but from some angle, that would be the lesser evil?

Think about it.

Cheers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us