Thursday, April 10, 2008

Aunt Agony II 100408

Originally posted by yahoo.com

Hi everyone. i had posted a few times earlier. dunno if u guys remember me. but anyway i am back once again to seek some clarity in confronting my problems. hope i can get some feedback from the different people and their views. :)

Me and my gf have been together for like 6 yrs now. during this 6 yrs we had our ups and downs and we broke up 3 times before. each time after the break up, i got into a rebound relationship where i enjoyed the company of the new gal but never did i love them. nevertheless i did my utmost best for the gals giving most of my time. but each time whenever the one i truly love(my gf let's call her 'A") contacts me, we actually patched back because we missed each other alot. i am actually of a different race from my gf. my gf is chinese and she has been my first gf ever. The first time we broke up was because after 3 yrs of being together with her, she persistently sought a breakup as the solution to our problems. i had endured enough for the 3 yrs and just after an accident i went through, she asked for a break up yet again. this time i complied because i decided i had enough.

A month after this, i had another gf 'E' who i had lots of fun with. she brought a new meaning to my life because i was enjoying getting to know another gal. i had previously devoted my self n time to just 'A' and didnt mix with other gals at all. but i was unhappy deep down in my heart because i knew 'E' was never gonna be the gal i am going to settle down with. and finally 3 months after being with 'E' i mustered the courage to break up with 'E' and reconciled with 'A' after 'A' had gotten into contact with me. (i admit i am a soft hearted person where i can take care of a person and am prepared to live with the person and take care with her even though i do not like her. it's due to my stupid feeling of being responsible for my actions) that's why i say that i mustered the courage to break up with 'E' because 'E' was a very good and nice gal. she never angered me nor showed any signs of bad temperedness that 'A' exhibited. but still i left her n got back with 'A'

After getting back with 'A' i realised that things were never going to be the same. i tried as much as i could but i just took the relationship for granted. i never wanted to see her as much as i used to want to see her. i just enjoyed the intimacy that we had and also the fact of having someone whom i loved beside me. also during the breakup prior to this, i got into contact with many gals and realised that there is a whole wide sea out there. there are indeed so many gals who are better than 'A' and i wanted to make as many female frenz as i could. i didnt wanna be stuck in the same situation as to hafing a frenz circle with no gals in them at all again. so i kept in touch with all the gals i made frenz with. i didnt like them but just u know, keep in touch and the occasional lunch/dinner kinda thing.

My gf 'A' was extremely unhappy that i wasn't giving my all in the relationship. i admitted to her that i couldnt give my all after what had happened and that i will try my best to spend time with her. but that wasnt enuf for her. she wanted me to stop my clubbings(with guy group..no gals inside and my gf A knows my 2 guy frenz). she says that i will be stolen by other gals. to me, i am an average person and being from the minor race, i dun fancy anyone of my race and also the chance of me getting together with ANOTHER chinese gal is extremely slim and so i told her not to be afraid. despite that 'A' was still worried and would follow me on my clubbing sessions. one day on my bday, she got so angry that a gal was dancing with me when i swear that i didn't. the gal who was dancing close to me was a fren who was dancing with ANOTHER gal. this set up another storm of fights between her n me. even my fren who wasnt drunk vouched for me that i DID NOT dance with any other gal. so after those arguments we broke up again.

after this breakup, 2 months later i got involved with another gal of the same race as me. again i felt very unhappy and this gal 'G' had a bf who she was not happy with also. so we spent much time together. i told myself that i will leave when i find someone who i really love and i hope that it had better be soon. 'G' had also told me that she liked this relationship to be open in the sense that either of us could leave anytime and we would respect the other party's decision. 4 months later, G and me broke up because i could not stand the idea of 'sharing' her with another guy because when her actual bf was ard i could not contact her. her promise of choosing either one of us was also taking a longer time than she said so i decided to end it. i felt good about it because i knew she was not who i loved.

suddenly by god's grace, the very next day, 'A' contacted me saying that she was drunk and asked if i could send her home. after like 6 months of no contact, i decided that i shall go and see the one whom i really loved. after sending her home, she confided that she loved me alot (in a sober state of course) and that she has never chosen anyone else despite our breaking up for so long. (she is a very pretty gal being sought after by many many guys) so we got back together. things were fine at first. she really had changed for the better by so much! she was very mild tempered. she was very into her new found religion. but she never trusted me. she was always suspecting that i was chatting up other gals etc. yes it's true that i do chat on the irc and msn. i haf tons of contacts whom i do not know and am just a virtual fren with to them. so whenever ppl have problems i tend to lend a listening ear to them.

there was this once where this gal was having prob and i told her that not to worry so much. even me haf a gf but i am not happy in the relationship. there are many ppl out there who are much better than her ex-bf etc etc. and my gf stumbled about thissaved msn chatlog. we argued abt it and i told her that i was only coaxing the gal. why didnt she read all those other msn msgs where i so happily told to all my frenz that i patched back with my gf n i really love her alot etc etc. from then on after seeing that msg she has never trusted me.

she will always read my frenster msgs and get angry whenever i add any gal. when she asks me why i did tat, i just tell her that i do not know the gal at all. which is true. i just add becoz she added me. is this wrong?.even the status of being 'single' in frenster got her angry. but i put as 'single' becoz we always break up n reconcile. whenever i change everyone in my list knows what happens and my lifestory become public. i hate that and so i decided to leave it as 'single' forever. this one also is wrong in her eyes.!!! anyway after having so much problems with frenster i deleted it away for her. the latest problem was today when i tried to get a client for my brother.(this client is my fren whom my gf 'A' and me and her together with another 5 frenz went ktv singing togther on friday) in doing so, she read a conversation sms i had with another female fren. in it i playfully told my female fren liek this "ya lor.. i msg her coz she wan buy thing from my brother wat. u wanna buy thing from my bro meh? thats y no msg u but msg her instead. no la.actaully i love her i just realised today. thats why i msg her. haha" i and my fren always tok like this.. but my gf upon seeing this sms she got angry. and she started showing me face and wanted to break up again. i started to coax her and i could see that she was really very tired of being in this relationship. i tried explaining myself that if i did have anything to hide i will not even be keeping that msg in my hp. in fact i should be the one doubting her because she is the one who is in sales and always haf customers sending her lovey dovey gdnite msgs. but i have never doubted her nor always check her hp. but she always do this to me.

now i am in a predicament. i dun wanna continue arguing all the time. but i also do not wanna break up. and i am always the playful type who will joke and tok alot to gals infront of my gf. i feel that toking in front of her means that i got nothing to hide. even so, those gals all know that my gf is there with me. and i am really tired of always not earning my gf's trust. she never trusts me and it seems that checking on my email,frenster,hp is becoming a daily affair. so can someone pls tell me what i should do? and she always thinks that i haf alot of gals going after me when in fact most of my free time is spent with her.

is leaving her the right thing to do? in that sense, she will haf a chance to learn to trust another person who might become her bf. because she never trusts me so when we get married this will certainly pose a big problem.

but if we breakup i am damn sure that i will be very unhappy. i dun even think i can learn to love another person again. i just wanna study and earn more money now. btw i am 26 and my gf is coming to 25 so pls dun think we are those small boy small gal dunno how to think and get into love etc.

i thank those for giving constructive points for my complicated relationship.


Interestingly, there are also significant percentage of people in their late adulthood, suffering from what you deemed as 'small boy small gal' problems, especially when earlier stages of love development wasn't mastered or completely avoided by the individual. And apparently, your relationship is not even close to harvest, despite, surpassing the age of adolescent, having full autonomy of your personal life and leading a relationship of six years.

What I am trying to bring across is that our understanding in Love and our chronological age can be quite mutually exclusive.

Also, I would like you to understand that Love doesn't flow in a linear format, dictated superficially merely by the length of time. The eventful journey in which you have arrived at - is largely due to the cause set by your past circumstances, which tripled in strength and smashing you with karmic crisis after crisis, because they is a blatant lack of wisdom, in aspect of Love and relationship.

Because she is your first love, chances are, you will always have a soft spot for her. Enduring initial three years of nonsense might have seemed to be a long frame of misery, but not when your world only revolves around her. Problem only comes after you gain this short independence - you start to realize that the world is larger than what you could ever imagine.

This discovery is like a overstretched rubber band that cannot restore itself back to its original shape because there are indeed many fishes in the pond and there is absolutely no way you can now delete that knowledge. There is a distinctive kind of 'damage' dealt to your emotional self and your overall experience in Love, just like a kid who has been barred from playing outside his house. Upon first breath of freedom out of his house, he will run straight towards the soccer ball that has been lying outside the field all these while (as he has been observing quietly through the window while remaining 'captive' inside the house).

This is exactly what you did; you entered into meaningless relationship for relative comfort and happiness upon hasty exit of your previous relationship. Also, there is a gnawing fear infesting within your soul, you actively kept a horde of female friends, subconsciously forming a kind of 'safety net' because fear has taught you not to entrust your world to just one person.

Can you love without trust?

Surely, your fear is dominating you much more than you realize- it has probably transformed into a phobia. You will probably panic the minute you do not feel 'alternatives' around you. Don’t get me wrong; it's actually healthy to keep friends of both genders, even if you are in a relationship, but the difference lies in your mindset in adopting female friends. And it has nothing to do with whether you are interested in them or not; the reason why your relationship never walked out of turmoil upon second and third patch is because you remained uncommitted yourself.

The act of constant sourcing reveals your inability to remain committed to YOURSELF, yet subconsciously demanding this quality from your other half, in face of your relationship. This creates a inevitable distance and pressure on your relationship, creating more suspicion and mistrust in her attitude towards you. Then when you sense her wrath of god every other occasion, it actually fuel your self fulfilling prophesy in NOT having to invest commitment to just one individual, while you rationalize that you did not cheat her in any ways.

This is actually bi-directional.

Your flippant ways triggered her insecurity and caused her to lock her grip on you. In response, your fear to be imprisoned is triggered and you constantly shape-shift your position to resolve this fear of being blinded to only one person.

Why would I claim that you are uncommitted, yet demanding commitment from your partner subconsciously? Upon careful examination in your relationship with G; you have shown an intolerance towards this her natural MIA whenever G is with her bf. Take note that the clauses you have set for yourself are mutually agreed, that this is an open relationship, yet you are unable to stomach this very set of rules you have lay down.

If you noticed, after the intense break up after the clubbing incident, you attracted G, whom is also non-committed herself. This is a reflection of an old law in CloUdiSm, where we attract the quality we exude. Simply put, if you are uncommitted, you attract uncommitted partners. And I must stress that 'commitment' doesn't mean that you are promiscuous and cheat on your other half - it simply means that you find it arduous to meld into love, holding conscious, deliberate reservation.

You adamantly felt that she is the only one you will love and stubbornly decide that no one else can give you happiness. Ironically, I don't see you being very happy in your relationship right now though.

Do something right for once; should you decide to break off, do it neat and don't ever look back to patch for the fourth/fifth/sixth times.

You are probably just delaying the inevitable.

But if you are bend on staying, then you really got to talk about this love and fear that has been circulating throughout your six years relationship. Lay terms and adjust what you and her ought to should do to allay the stress on this relationship. She is probably just as unhappy as yourself, so make it a point to discuss the root of this unhappiness and seek a mutual solution to dissolve this.

Chances are, she doesn't feel that you are spending most of your free time with her. And chances are, you don't really understand her phobia in seeing you walk away from the relationship (it is likely a self fulfilling prophesy on her end and now she is paying through her misery as this relationship has already 'walked out' on her three times). Since you have said that this is not a 'small boy small girl' problem - then learn to exercise some maturity and wisdom in ending your plight once and for all (be it leaving or staying).

Cheers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us