Sunday, May 13, 2007

Aunt Agony 130507

Originally posted by Coffee Gabriel:
Ok, it goes like this..

When I first came to this company, every morning, there will be a guy opening doors and letting me out of the lift first like a gentleman. I thought nothing of it as I thought he was just being courteous.

Recently, I felt lonely & I suddenly thought if this guy. So I searched my company's database & got hold of his company's number (he worked just next door to me, we r in a industrial bldg) & I called the company not knowing who wld answer my call & trying my luck.

Alas, he was the one that answered! I pretended to ask him how much it is for fixing the comp & he told me that he wld get back to me, so i gave him his number & i asked for his name, let's call him John. So I also gave him my name (he does nt know who am i yet, he didn't see my face yet) so i waited but no calls back, so i called again. This time is his friend who picked up & i pretended to hurry them up wif the cost charges & he told me the same, he wld get back to me.

No answer back to me, also.

But I didn't give up, so the next day I called them again and asked for John. Then he finally told me he dun do home based fixing, so i was thinking, ' oh, why didn't u told me so? why must drag & drag?' Anyways, I hanged up but I really wanted to know him so when lunch hr came, I called the no. again & was stammering all the way....

But he was good, he was coaxing me (so sweetly) to talk slowly..so i finally said something like, ' you wanna go lunch wif me?' Actually, I was hoping for the worst but surprisingly, he said 'yes' so readily & say ok we meet now & I was soooo elated!

ok, so fast forward to the lunch eating session..I was determined to drill him so I asked him from 'do you have a gf' to 'if any outings, pls call me!' Sad to say, he told he's attached but he seems to be lying..cause when he told me abt his things, he soo conveniently left out what he does wif his gf..weird. Anyways, he bought me a drink and I offered to pay but he said 'nah it's ok'Anyways, the only thing that he seemed to be not lying is that he's busy wif his work & school exams that's all.


So i got his hp no. & he got mine. After lunch ended & we go our separate ways, I smsed him saying if he thinks the canteen food is boring, i can help him taupau from the kopi tiam instead. He smsed back saying thanks, it's troublesome, no need, thanks anyways...

After I got his message, I did my work & a few hrs later, I smsed him saying if he needs somebody at his side, he can always call me up, ok dun stress you le..indirectly offering myself la in this case...then no reply was made frm his side.

After all these, whenever I see him, I avoided eye contact wif him & from my corner of my eye, he seems to be like staring at me..question is..

Shld I continue the chase or give up?



Does it matter whether the Sales person is a man/woman as he/she turns you off with hard selling?

Problem lies not in the gender, but in the 'sales tactics'.

Nevertheless, one pat for you to muster the ability to initiate courage and pursue the man you are interested in.

And like all rejections - both subtle and direct - who cares? Not as if you will lose anything. Remember, you started with nothing and even if you ended up with nothing eventually... reasonable what - anything more is a bonus.

Cheers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us