Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Aunt Agony 131107

Originally posted by sEphIrOth:

I have some serious issues.

To cut them short...

My girlfriend has a good liberal family who supports her, I have a conservative family who inhibits what I do. I feel she has so many talents yet I have none. I am feeling that I am inferior to her and that I am not good enough for her, yet we understand each other and are going well. I just do not want her to be suffering. She is very nice and caring to me, that's what keeps our relationship going. However, sometimes, she sees her work as priority. In the end, I feel I am not good enough for her because she is in a league high above me.

I have health problems too. High blood pressure, knee problem, sexual disorders. I am not ashamed because I feel I have such problems but I want to solve them, yet my family does not want to acknowledge some problems. The sexual problem makes me feel inferior as my male ego is damaged. Other ailments leave me thinking when will I die. I feel that so many problems at the age of 19, it is very disheartening.

My family does not bother about issues they would not put as priority. They want me to study hard without caring about my social life and my parents do not want me to work, yet limit me to meagre allowance( no allowance on weekends). I see everyone around me having things worth a lot, yet I feel, even something simple like something worth 50 dollars, I can't even have it. Mind you my family is well to do, yet they can have everything, and me, nothing I want. I feel so pressurized when my parents tell me not to do this and that but most things are what people my age usually do (e.g spending some time outside). My parents urge me to stay at home, when I don't see any meaning in doing the mundane things I do.

I am only troubled by these 3 aspects of life. I am very troubled and have spent countless nights pondering. I hope I can get help here because I am helpless and these thoughts constantly haunt me. I do not believe I am having a very low self confidence because I am rational and I will evaluate how things are going. Life is never fair, I am a living example


Like a bird with clipped wings, you desire the freedom to fly, yet due to years of suppression, you can't seemed to find the courage to seek this very freedom.

You blame your parents for being conservative, on the other hand, it's also partially because you obey and kept status quo.

I will not encourage you to rebel, but rather, I say demonstrate actual proof - that you are capable of independence, if this is what you really wanted, without running astray. Chances are, your parents will never hand over your freedom unless you can prove that you have seriously grown up.

Your parents are probably the paranoid parents, who are probably overly affected by the news on how youth become delinquents because they had too much freedom.

This is exactly what you must prove; you have to address whatever subconscious fear they have and mollify them.

Once when you have worked that out, your relationship will readjust accordingly.

And as for your health condition, you got to consciously take good care of yourself, if you have yet to understand the importance of it. You keep yourself healthy, not because of yourself, but because of the people around you for if you truly love your woman, I think the least you could do is to avoid putting yourself in a worrying situation where she has to struggle emotionally to keep you (and herself) afloat, should anything happens to you.

Cheers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us