Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Aunt Agony I 100505

Quote:

Originally posted by be_myself:
Dear Aunt Agony, Hi. I'm writing here because I'm at a loss.... I'm
21, currently studying in a tertiary instituion. Hmmmm.... I have problems
choosing between 2 guys. Let's call them Mr A and Mr C.


Mr A is my current schoolmate whom I got to know a year ago doing a school project. But we didn't keep in touch and I many months later (recently), I bumped into him in school again. After that, we met for lunch, followed by more lunches subsequently. Now he asked me out and message me everyday so the hint that he is interested is pretty broad.

Mr C is someone I know for....... like 8 years because he's my secondary school classmate. He liked me for 6 years now. I didn't know he likes me until last year when he told me. I was very surprised... and touched by his sincerity but initially, I didn't like him because of his size.... he's very overweight and I thought we are quite different and not suitable for each other. But he never failed to touched me with his sincerity. I remember he gave me a very big help a couple of times....

Mr A... is 24 years old, very smart, driven and capable. Unlike Mr C, he's tall and skinny. Hmmm.... I'm not very sure about what his character is like because I don't know him for long. I do know that we have different religions. Character is a very important criteria for me cos I'm very afraid to make the mistake of choosing someone like my ex - stingy, unfaithful and nit-picking. Mr C is definitely a very nice guy but he's quite immature and because he's my age, he still has to study for a few years while I work. As for Mr A, older and more mature, I think he'll go far but character wise, I know very little. I need more time to get to know Mr A but I can tell Mc C is definitely a nicer person as in less temperamental, more honest....

I think I know that Mr C likes me a lot and is very accepting, very
accommodating to me. I feel more at ease with him too cos he's my sec school friend. Mr A.... studied at very good schools in the past, unlike me whom come from a very mediocre school. I feel that I have to "act more
intelligently" all the time. Heh...


I don't know which to be with. If I go with Mr A, I'll break Mr C's heart. And is Mr A really worth that although he's smart, capable and everything? Or should I just go with Mr C who likes me a lot, with good
character, a simpler and more innocent person.... Opinions? I would really, really appreciate advices and opinions.... Thank you!


Currently, you are attempting to choose a partner consciously. It's a good thing, but the facts you are having is not sufficient for you to make a sound decision. I could see your fear and insecurity in beginning a new relationship. Your past relationship spoke alot of your current emotional mindset and it would be good if you know how to channel these into positive vibes, instead of degenerating with your past.

Remember, you don't have to promise yourself anything. Eventually, even if you decide not to pursue either guys, its completely ok. Do not tie yourself with making a decision even before you had the thought of making that decision. You must keep your options open and see how fate plays its part before you make your final answer.

The qualities you are looking for ultimately may extend beyond that of stability. You may use time to explore the possibility (As an interesting note: going by statistic, the chances for YOU to enter a relationship with A is significiant higher. Don't ask me why because it would be another topic altogether).

P.S: Are you a Virgo, Taurus or Capricorn?

Cheers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us