Monday, April 06, 2009

25 Days

Perhaps people think that I overvalue old sentiments. Maybe just a little more than the usual folks.

Only Weiyong understands me here; because at least in this aspects we are similar.

We are immensely in love with things that are old and passe.

I love playing old games. I play and replay. Play and replay. Play and replay. Until my own friends are sick of hearing me play old games.

I love old songs. And when I start liking songs that I deemed as new – it’s already an old song.

I love old comics. Nothing beats Flame of Recca.

I love old books of wisdom. Usually Greek wisdom dated back to some XX B.C.

I love old shows/movies. Stephen Chow and Jinyong are classic.

Some things we loved don’t change, even with the passing of time. I am still holding onto an old wallet that has already been damage beyond recognition and it looks like a swollen bag of ebony shit.

Someone once said this to me “Eh, your wallet so chui liao. Go get new one la – now you can easily afford one Gucci wallet what.”

What he doesn’t understand is that the wallet was a gift.

And it was a gift from you.

I will not change simply because I can afford to change.

I will only change when it’s time to change.

Is it time to change now?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us