Friday, April 03, 2009

28 Days

I recalled the days when we sat together in between Raffles City and Suntec; there was this space. It was that very space that made our union official. I peered to the clock far ahead of me and the time was almost 11.45pm, but it feels we were stuck in some eternal love stasis, binding us to some unforgotten realm, only we could uncover.

Time was ticking but everything seemed to come to a stand-still – except you and I.

I was only 16+ when that happens. In a blink of an eye, we have all grown. Many claimed the impossibility of a lasting love born out of that time frame - where love was treated as mere playmates and companionship. But I dismissed all of those allegations as unfounded – citing that this is just an assumption, made by shallowest of comments from inferior people who presumed that the entire world runs by classic scenarios and they cannot fathom the power of human spirit in love.

Though young, I had the mind of an old soul - I don’t need to believe what deranged nonsense people tell me; I only need to believe in myself and the relationship we run together.

That’s all that matters.

I remember the scorn people wore on their face; they probably reckoned that I was idealistic. And when we made it happened - they never dared look into my path and were forced to eat back their very own words.

It wasn’t a ‘me’ and ‘my girlfriend’ – it was a ‘We’. We made it happened, with our faith, conviction and effort. We are a team… a partnership… a collaboration.

I remember on that day, I asked you what you would like to tell me since I was about the start my poly first day tomorrow. I fondly remembered your bashful ‘I don’t know’ accompanied by your usual lack of words to describe your inner feelings and emotions.

Back then, I was counting down to my days in school.

Now, I am counting down to the dissolution of this relationship.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us