Sunday, November 19, 2006

Danzation 2006

I was so busy this entire week, preparing and handling the high pressured in-house event at SPH that I probably only took a breather after work on Friday. The mad rush of events will swarm again every week after this, topping up with Dance Arts recital early next month.

I am packed like a can of sardine.

Finally after two days of JH's chalet, I crumbled into sheer exhaustion from deprived sleep. It's a miracle on how I was able to reply my Aunt Agony topics in this current state.

And later there is Doug and Hq's birthday dinner at PS.

Woah! Maxed out!

***

I will be honest about this, I was quite disappointed with Danzation 2006. I thought that Dance Reflection was so much better, especially in terms of the management of event. Maybe it was NRA's first show and the committee doing it were inexperienced. I asked Eugene about it and it mentioned that Sunday had better host control. Even Patrick said that Lionel felt the wait in between the dance was painful - in exact quote.



I SMS Alex about his commendable effort in this show and thought that he did great on his part of his performance - it's always great to see Ex-Acsian (BR) getting involved in dance and he's the only guy other than me (and maybe Joo Teng) that I know are into such thingy. Could see his passion since he's so much more involved into dance than myself, who is only doing it in spirit of fun.

With such a huge influx of fledging dancer injected into NRA bloodline - I could foresee more a substantial team in the near future. Afterall, NRA cannot just always depend on their Tina and the rest to brand the entire group into the local scene. New blood must come in and take over... and the cycle must continue with newer blood and more diversity in style.

I have always enjoyed good dance performance and hope that I can revel in more of such items.

The photos are taken during the fifteen minutes break.





I believed that Polytechnic can also produce good dance clubs with good dancers. Maybe it's time for other Polytechnic to do likewise and start their own branding like NRA.

P.S: I was shocked to see an old friend - gay James. Well, he still looked the same, since I first knew him during my ACS days.

Cheers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us