Sunday, February 01, 2009

Aunt Agony 010209

Originally posted by Saint`:

I tried to stay platonic but failed .

U led me on with a glimpse of hope and cuddled me to slp when we shldnt.

Only to know i was there to fill a void in ur heart the next day.

I thought i could win u over.

I thought our differences could be smoothen out with years of understanding.

Yet u said a rls shld be exciting, fun and not familiarity.

I tried but only to find myself miserable and suffocating while u r enjoying singlehood freedom.

U conveniently forget promises , yet i remembered every single thing i ever done for u.

Not for returns , but for appreciation.

Maybe u didnt really take me to heart as ur closest friend/lover.

U told me to stay as close friends.

I said i cant treat u like close friend anymore.

U didnt reply.

I tried.

U smiled.

I felt pain.

U felt nothing.

I think i shld let u go.

Gd bye my best friend.




The notion of platonic is always a full stop.

Hence, the problem lies with your notion of platonic - it was blatantly a comma instead. What happens here is that subconsciously, you perceive her as potential - just not yet manifested. Albeit you might see your effort as one-off-no-return, but the truth is that you are counting. Not just generally, but in some specific, precise manner. I will quote two sentences:

[Quote]:

yet i remembered every single thing i ever done for u.

I tried but only to find myself miserable and suffocating while u r enjoying singlehood freedom.


[/Unquote]

If you are being led by people you deemed as platonic friends, then you have to reexamine the premise of 'platonic' - the definition of what it takes to qualify as platonic.

P.S: Most people are conferring the title of 'platonic friendship' as a facade for potential relationship.

And don't get me wrong - it's great to transform a relationship from a friendship. Just that when you deemed certain relationship as platonic - it is a bond devoid of the romantic and sexual love.

Perhaps it might be so for her, but not so for you.

Cheers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us