Monday, February 26, 2007

Aunt Agony 260207

Originally posted by kuckuc:
I feel very tied up by my girlfriend.. she wants me to accompany her everyday after work, even weekends we will be together for the whole day. We stay very far from each other, I always reach home about 1am after taking bus back from her place. It's really tiring doing it everyday.

Even when I want to OT, she will be very very unhappy.. when i'm together with her sometime, office calls me, she will also be angry with me.

Basically she's afraid of doing anything herself, wants people to accompany her. When I suggest to go out with my friend, she will say don't know what to talk to them.

Even when I wanted to meet up with my friends after work, she will say something like "going to meet other girl hah? don't wanna care about me already.." sort of things... I can't join my friend. It has been so long since i'm together with her.

She is a good girl I know very well, only her behaviour and attitute that I'm feeling uneasy...

I am very tired.



I think this love is still hovering heavily around the notion of companionship. I mean, of course, love is companionship, but when that's the only thing you could see in your own relationship, somehow, you will probably experience a cap/stagnation in growth.

Is love merely companionship, taking the last bus ride back home and still feeling spiritually empty?

I am sure everybody generally agrees with the element of compromising in a relationship, but what if compromising becomes a relatively short term measure to a potential, brewing problem?

And that would probably be the time when you would want to analyze the root of her problem and resolve them before it becomes a real headache in your relationship (as it probably has been an issue right now).

I personally know of several people having the same sort of archetype personality like your girlfriend; they somewhat believe that a partner is a panacea to every little thing in life. Goodness, how tiring would that sound like?

The real underlying issue is but themselves.

You may want to have a heart-to-heart talk with her.

Cheers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us