Thursday, February 22, 2007

Aunt Agony 220207

Originally posted by ahkico:
Sign.. I'm always stuck in between friends & my boy..

This time.. This is wat happen..

My gf asked mi out to go drinkin.. In a place called Clinic Bar or some name @ Clarke Quay..

Pardon my ignorance.. I dunno it's considered clubbin or wat?

But my boy refused to let mi go coz there were onli 3 of us gals there.. Well.. OUr ages are 20, 21, & the oldest is 28.. Naturally he is worried.. Says heis fine with mi goin shoppin, movies, etc with my gf.. but not drinkin..

If wanna go drinkin.. he at least be there.. (Bodyguard) haha.. I noe.. In singapore and in this century.. Tis is abit old fashioned..

My 2 gf I & V.. V is the youngest.. I is the oldest..

We were supposed to meet this thurs.. BUt V bf isn out.. N if my boy go, he is the onli guy and the odd one out.. so i suggested wk end when everybody is available..

Since V is on leave, i checked with I first.. See if she is free on fri or sat.. she choose sat..

Told V abt changin it to sat instead. She gave mi hell..

Sayin tat I have to change her schedule.. She also had to change to accomodate..

The thing is. I Onli suggested sat... I din insist! @ first V say they got somethin on..

I told her.. ok. we keep thurs then.. But go else where instead of tat pub.. She refused.. Then i 've no choice! I said wan go the pub go another dae then..

Bombarded mi with lots of hurtin n cutting words..

Say we 're not married.. HOw come he controllin u?? Dun allow you to go.. If u r married.. Worst lah.. no need to come out with them anymore. etc.

Says tat oh. my bf don allow mi to go out with u too.. blah blah..
Says wan give my boy a piece of her mind when she sees him on sat.

Ha.. i can't imagine how my boy will react.. He normally no temper at all... but i doubt on tat dae, he will keep quiet lik i usually do.. I'm sure he will talk back.. and i'm afraid of a showdown..

haiz..

I'm so frustruated.. I reali duno wat i'm doin is rite or wrong??

Coz indeed. I dun lik the idea to go drinkiin alone.. if he control mi other matters.. yeah.. i'll mak noise.. but not tis..

I'm stuck between my boy n friends..

Pls advice!!





I think you are not exactly stuck in a quagmire, since you agreed with your bf on this stand, that you won't go drinking without him. Therefore, in another words, this is also your choice - not just your boyfriend's decision. I think it kinda made your matter worst when you could have inevitably suggested that the change of plans is largely due to your boyfriend's displeasure. Even if it wasn't so, your friend perceived it that way.

Eventually, it's all about mutual understanding.

You could do your best to appease all sides, but you must have that understanding from them to compromise.

Of course, it would be better if your boyfriend isn't a chauvinist and learn the beauty of freedom and trust. It would be easier on your relationship with your friends. I mean, if he wants to come along, you don't have to bother if there's any other guys coming because he's intention is merely there to keep a watch on you... and to me, that's silly because he will be so out of place.

I mean this is probably a girl's night out and in the end you have a guy tagging along?

Come on.

You would probably spent all other times with your boyfriend and that's still not enough to even spare one night with friends?

You do your Maths.

P.S: A healthy relationship also consists of a healthy life outside that of their relationship.

Cheers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us