Monday, October 15, 2007

Falling Down

I was boarding the NEL train, sat rather placidly while reveling in the world of mp3 and a cry manage to divert my drifting thoughts away from the limbo I was at; there was this little boy, wailing as he entered the train, kneeling in front of this woman who was with him as she found an empty seat and sat down - I deduced that it was the maid.

Every passenger were staring into our cabin's direction, wondering what happened as this was a different sort of kids' cry we often witnessed (you know, the usual refers to the sort of situation when a mother refuse to buy the toy for his son - that sort of thingy) - it was a outward blasting, KPKB sort of unusual cry.

Eventually, I realized what happened: the kid fell down and had a cut on his kneel.

It was a small cut; just that small cut and the kid cried as if his entire toenail has been ripped off by the escalator.

I recalled the days when I was younger, about the incident when I fell into a drain, with my entire leg brushed against the jagged surface of the manhole I dropped into and when I recovered myself, I could see blood were literally trickling down like chocolate fudge on ice-cream.

I shed no tears and attended to my wounds immediately - at least I had the sense to because I felt the need to do something about my injuries.

I remembered the look on Mummy's face had more pain than the ones that was found on mine.

With my memories churning rapidly in my head, it's pretty blatant why I would unconsciously shook my head when I saw the NEL kid - apparently, everyone have different threshold for pain.

Even kids.

And if one has such low threshold for pain - I think it will be probably more than just crying when the route of life display its harshness, manifested in our reality as we live.

I cannot picture one without struggle or adversity in life to grow robust and wholesome - it probably cripple us and weakened our ability to live fully.

In astrology, though Square and Opposition aspect are difficult angles, in which our life respond to, however successful people are successful precisely because of the tension from such astrological influence that they transform these motes of negativity into motivation and good use.

Are we so afraid of falling that we avoid the challenges in life just because we don't want to end up feeling the pain?

And the incredible thing is that this pain be self conjured - chances are, it may not even exist.

Perhaps the life in Singapore, people are generally attracted to stability - they don't mind being run-of-the-mill just as long as they don't fall or fail. A negative lost have more influence than a positive gain.

Passion is probably a dirty word - it makes no commercial sense anyway.

The talk about life is probably reduced to some inane topics in which one could probably sum up with a couple of sentence.

No drive.

No nothing.

Just numbers to the statistic.

Gawd.

Are you a statistic?

I know I am not - a vampire cannot be killed.

Undead won't fear something that it cannot be affected by.



Cheers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us