Thursday, May 01, 2008

Dreams



I just realized that einein knows Kewei.

Not that I am particularly surprised, considering the fact that they are both within the Mando-pop industry. (And Douglas if you are watching this, perhaps it might stir a something within).

What I find it inspiring is this undying, passion einein has with music. She quit her overseas accounting job and still end up in doing the things she loved best eventually. I remembered having this mad-long-ago conversation with her & Douglas on MSN - she always address me in mandarin under '云孩儿' (instead of yunhaier) and I randomly called her 键盘仙子.

Cognitively, I still find it easier to manage my expectation of her dancing her fingers through the keyboard, playing Bosso Nova, than living in the role of a 8-5 accountant.

After all, 键盘仙子没有了音乐或键盘,哪里像个键盘仙子? 哈哈!

***

Dreams... Do you have one?

I realized that people gave up pursing things they once loved, probably debilitated by this unhealthy drudgery way of life in Singapore until life becomes terribly mundane - we rapidly lose interest with things that beget little monetary returns.

We start measuring the world we live in economically and invest in relative happiness that ironically did not provide as much fulfillment, in comparison to some of the simplest activities we engaged in during our younger days. It wasn't mindless; it was carefree and desire was largely unfettered... something that you wanted and could be done in matter of split-second choice.

I realized that as people age, dissatisfaction apt to grows astronomically, unless active steps are taken to address this issue. I observed this phenomenon from my workplace - marketing folks really 干 no life - everyone slogs like a cow because the demand of this job requires you to be one. There is no two way about it.

If I did not have the unwavering vision for Kosen Rufu with HR crew or even the wisdom to pursue this humanistic degree and the determination to complete CloUdiSm, I seriously reckon that I will hit a quarter-life crisis even before I turn 30.

I love my job... love my team... love the people I work with - but still it doesn't fulfill me absolutely. I realized that something is critically missing and I cannot pinpoint exactly what it is. It feels very important to me, but I cannot discern exactly what is it that I need to have before I can start feeling wholesome.

I suspect it probably has something to do with my Sagittarius Neptune in 12th house.

Are you going to be overwhelmed by your daily task, until your vision in life becomes blurred and distant?

I say hold onto that love you have and not lose focus.

We only fucking live once; hence, before my life expires into the state of Ku, I must achieve self actualization and leave behind a legacy of my life work.

Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail - R W Emerson

P.S: To read Chinese characters, go to View and encode to Unicode (UTF-8)

Cheers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us