Sunday, November 04, 2012

My Dying Client II

There... my client finally passed away... in a way he has envisioned according to his will and expectation. A naggy intuition told me that he won't survive till his bday and I have to visit him this week. I was glad that I did - and that I had fought against my onslaught of heavy work volume and personal obligation to pay him a quiet visit on my own freewill on Thursday. There I shook his hands for the final time. We exchanged smiles. I told him I have done everything I could possible do within the scope of my profession. Now is the time that he has to figure and make meaning of his final moment. He thanked me.

If I have given myself an excuse to say that I would pay him a visit next week - I would have missed the boat permanently. It is a conscious choice to decide if he is just another case number or another human being anxious about the prospect of death, in which he has never experience before. He is accepting of his circumstances, but that does not mean that he knows what lies ahead. In varying degrees, we are all curious about the final end, but when the time draws near, it is as scary as entering preschool for the first time.

Nobody has died and came back to reveal about what lies ahead. The secrecy surrounding death would make ISD looks like some children organization for no Mas Selamat has ever escape death, with records unbroken since the birth of life.

I am sure we will meet again, in another dimension or incarnation. Who knows? Perhaps... when I know I am dying myself and I have this young man/girl hanging around me for support, it could be him playing the role I have played for him.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us