Sunday, January 15, 2012

Love for better for worst

Recently, I came across one homeless couple; though behind every homeless person lies their tale of unfortunate circumstances, but somehow, this particular case struck me deep.

I was about to process with them on what they 'could' do to effectively get out of this mess. The only problem with my proposal is that it requires them to be separated. However, even after careful reflection and processing, the couple blatantly rejected my offer because they felt that they must be in this together - even if the situation has reached an extreme doldrums.

What could be worst than living a life of fear - without shelter, food and safety? According to Maslow, you can't even fulfill level one and that's basically the shittest circumstances you could land yourself into.

"To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness."

Wedding vows; I wonder how many people could really uphold this.

Perhaps for all you know - love might just the illusionary facade to fuel the cold machinary of karmic debts among people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us