Monday, March 19, 2012

Aunt Agony 190311

Originally posted by ~Owl~:

My gf has moved overseas for her studies not too long ago, I'm happy for her and encouraged her to do so because she's doing what she always wanted to do in life. Initially, we decided to put our relationship to rest because her journey there will take probably 6 years, plus a few more years of bond, probably 9 to 10 years. But her her mother spoke to me and said she was disappointed in me told me to hold on if I really loved her. I thought about it and decided to give it a try. So now we are in a LDR

She's now overseas for about a month plus, but I'm not happy at all. When she's in SG, no matter how tight our schedules were, we'll at least dedicate some time to give each other a call everyday to have some quality catch up. But now, even if free overseas call are available thru viber or skype... we barely even talk in a week. If it's not that she is tired, she'll say she is busy...even during the weekend. It doesn't feel like a relationship at all... Whenever I try to call her to tell her to spare some time for us because I really want to talk to her, it'll turn out to be a fight because she says I'm unreasonable.

I need some advise and pointers, am I really not understanding and unreasonable?



When she has chosen such phenomenally long period of time residing overseas, she has effectively chose to give up the relationship for her aspiration. In addition to having to express her thoughts already, in fact, the reason why this relationship has 'revived' is largely due to her mother's intervention.

Strictly speaking, it seemed more like her mum's choice.

Therefore, with all that circumstances, this relationship can be said to be constructed on foundation challenging to sustain the skyscraper ideals of LDR.

Love becomes an opportunity cost to individualistic pursuit; sometimes, we cannot always have the best of both worlds, especially when it comes to love.

Cheers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us