Sunday, March 15, 2009

Aunt Agony 150309

Originally posted by Only-Way-4-Destiny!:

I hope you all can give me some help. Age: 15, Secondary 3, Guy. This is my situation.

My parents are divorced and were separated around 9 months ago. I just cannot seem to get over it. I am living with my father but I am still in contact with my mother.

Ever since I kicked my computer gaming addiction; which is probably concealing a lot of my deepest emotions, I am very much affected by that divorce.

I had not felt anything bad about the divorce until around January this year as I was pretty much distracted by my computer gaming habit last year.

My father is remarrying someone else. I am not holding any objections to this or whatsoever. I am on some sort of emotional rollercoaster. I am financially supported but I do not feel any emotional support. I am glad that I have a good aunt who I can share my problems with. She is also very concerned about my emotional well-being.

Once, when she figured out that there was something bugging me, she talked to me and asked me, "If you have one wish, what would you wish for?" Thoughts begin to fill my mind... I got very emotional and started crying and did not utter a word and she comforted me as she knew what did I want. I want to revert the clock back... Where this did not happen.

When I look at others, who have such wonderful and complete familes, I felt a sense of emotional void and sadness... Loneliness too... Sometimes, I would just cry to myself.

I am now much more temperamental and very much more reserved towards my family. I really need some advice. I am starting to lose my motivation and optimism and if I do not untangle this knot within me, I doubt I would be able to move away from the shadow of this and this is going to affect my studies a lot. I really do not know how much more of this can I take.

How can I untangle this knot and be liberated from this heavy stone weighing in my heart?



PS: Sorry for any inconsistencies or mislinking in this... Too many things in my mind.




It would be a self deception if you deemed that this will not going to affect you. Every aspects of our life is like an interlocking system, connected by all the intriguing gears. A slight tweak in one gear will result in a complete change in the monstrous engine of life and everything else will effectively reposition itself.

I would like to address one crucial understanding and distinctive awareness between yourself and that of your father's cosmic love challenges.

(1) Your father, like all other humans, is imperfect by nature. We all are - because we are just human beings. Also, life just doesn't have a ten-years-series manual on parenting, as well as relationship. There are many factors contributing to a successful family and your dad, like all students of love, is learning about his own complication and issues pertaining to his own love relationship - namely between your mum and your prospective step-mum.

You must understand that the collapse of your parents marriage has absolutely NOTHING to do with you. This is but the intensive struggle between your parents' dealing with their spiritual union and this journey belong entirely to them alone. During solemnization, the marriage vow was exchanged between two parties - it was never anyone else. The formation was set at two, hence the dissolution remains at two.

The first step to liberation is never to blame yourself for your parents' lessons in life.

(2) You are part of the collateral damage suffered from the result of their decision. You probably have two choices. One is to deny and practice escapism, while the other is the gain clarity through acceptance and seek to discover your own self actualization.

You are an insightful young man. Your self awareness has concluded that gaming is a form of defensive mechanism employed by your subconscious to fill in the emotional void experience through this ordeal. In your reality, this might serve as a plaster to halt blood from oozing, but my concern is more on your holistic recovery (albeit with scars) and possibly to avoid a karmic cycle of distorted values in love that would continuously create wounds that bleeds you profusely.

I seriously suggest that you speak to your school counsellor, especially since you are concern with your performance in school. Indeed your aunt might serve as a sole pillar of strength in your family setting, but it's helpful to expand your emotional safety net with people whom you can trust and could possible assist you in other settings you are engaged in.

P.S: Do remember, the last thing you ever need is to introduce or adopt habits/decision that will create more misery in your life. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back.

Cheers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About us